This page lists past presentations given by MVLUG members.
To add a page to this category, create a new page and add a link to CategoryPresentation on the last line. You can add multiple categories to a page.
Presentation Topic Suggestions:
Topic suggestions from, oh, say six months ago or so ought to be deleted. Feel free to prune this list accordingly as we add new suggestions. Don't forget to date your suggestion when you add new ones. Leaving these for now...
Frameworks4Research -- Writing a Platform Independent, OpenSource Development Framework for Scientific Research. (intermediate to advanced topic) -- 2009-04
- FUSE and wacky filesystems. -- 2009-04
- OpenCL (Open Computing Language) is a framework for writing programs that execute across heterogeneous platforms consisting of CPUs, GPUs, and other processors. -- DonM, 2009-04
- IPv6 Discussion
- X11 - Changes / Change Log: What's new with X11?
- Configuration of Grub 2 - A Tutorial
- Basics (still unsure how to define this)
Setting up and hardening Web servers and software (e.g. WordPress)
- High Performance Computing issues, working w/ large clusters
- Hadoop / Mango / "Big data" databases
Alternative/minimal window managers & desktop environments
- SSH tips and tricks (VPN, keys, etc)
Past Topics With No Slides
- Backups -- tag team presentation with different members' approaches to backing up data.